Dorothea Lange

"Migrant Mother"- Dorothea Lange
picture from: http://kjbiz.empowernetwork.com/blog/the-most-famous-photographers-of-america

The first time I saw this picture, I was in my high school history class. Even though I didn't like history all that much, some pictures taken in the past really caught my attention and helped me remember the material more; this was one of those photos. There are a few others that go with this one and you can really see how this mother was trying to give her kids everything they needed. Times were tough but she still found it important to be with her kids and try her hardest to provide them with food and shelter. I feel like this picture really puts things in perspective for me, and helps me to realize the difference about what is needed and what is wanted in daily life. 

Comments