Salvador Dali

"Dali at the Age of 6", 1950, Salvador Dali
Picture from: http://www.paintingfrom.com/collections/salvador-dali/products/dali-at-the-age-of-six-1950-salvador-dali

Dali is one of my favorite artists, mostly because of his surrealists paintings. Unfortunately, I couldn't find my favorite painting by him, but this is a pretty close second. I love that on the right side it looks like a child is simple covering a dog with a blanket, and on the left side it looks as though the dog is sleeping under an ocean or a sea. It's as if both sides of the picture are taking place in different spaces and times, yet Dali has seamlessly meshed them together to create something that is not physically possible. The idea of surrealism, and Dali's creative interpretation of it, makes me want to try the impossible as well.

Comments